The business development process often includes:
- Analysis of existing development and marketing processes.
- Identification of new markets and networks.
- Develop processes to increase market penetration and diversification.
Strategy and business planning - is all about long-term plans and decisions and typically includes:
- Identifying long-term market and business trends.
- Your current and future aspirations.
- Policies and action plans to achieve desired outcomes.
- Key performance indicators and progress monitoring.
Benchmarking - compares your business performance against industry best practice and typically includes:
- Identifying what is to be benchmarked and how data will be collated.
- Identifying performance gaps.
- Implementing plans to improve performance.